CURRENT OPENINGS AT OAKLAND STEINER SCHOOL
Oakland Steiner School is seeking an organized, caring individual to join our administrative staff as an administrative assistant. We are a small team and this requires each member to have flexibility and willingness to work together in a collaborative supportive way to provide a healthy school environment for our students.
Overall job responsibilities:
- Provide office services in the school by implementing administrative systems, procedures, and policies, and monitoring administrative projects. Includes reception, parent and faculty support, general administrative and clerical support, record-keeping, supply ordering/inventory maintenance, school safety and attending to sick and injured children.
- Maintain and service office computers and equipment.
- Assist with oversight of vendors to maintain building and grounds safety and security.
- Implement and revise office processes and procedures so they are streamlined, flexible and effective.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Reporting Skills, Administrative Writing Skills, Microsoft Office Skills, Filemaker Pro Database proficiency, Managing Processes, Organization, Analyzing Information, Professionalism, Problem Solving, Supply Management, Inventory Control, Verbal Communication, Ability to work with children. Compatible with the collegial working style.
Wages and Hours:
This is a part-time hourly position. Anticipated 2014-15 schedule:
8:15am to 3:15 pm school year hours
(Monday thru Friday when school is in session from the week before school starts to the week after school ends - August 25, 2014 to June 19, 2015) See the school calendar for school breaks when school is not is session
8:45 am to 1:15 pm summer hours
(Monday thru Friday from the week after school is dismissed to the week before school resumes)
This position is a possible job share with a current employee. The work time coverage required could be a minimum of 3 days during the school year up to the full hours in the above description. Specific schedule to be determined. If interested in a job share, please indicate your schedule availability and preference.
As the school grows, we would like this position to grow to a full-time office manager position.
Please send a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Oakland Steiner School is currently seeking a Kindergarten Assistant for the 2014-2015 school year. Hours would be 8:30 - 1:00 during the school term time only. The Assistant will work with the lead teacher to provide a safe, loving, nurturing environment for the children. [S]he will assist the lead teacher and the children in the daily activities. Which may include, painting, baking, sewing, woodworking and keeping the room clean. Ideally, we are seeking someone with knowledge of Waldorf Education, and experience working with the young child. We are looking for individuals who are hardworking, dedicated, self motivated and have a love for the young child.
This job requires
● Willingness to participate in a physically active school day [including going outdoors in all weather]
● Artistic striving [willingness to sing, dance, paint etc. with the class]
● Interest in implementing the curriculum and activities, following the example of the lead teacher
● Good listening skills and clear communication
We hope to find someone who also
● Is warm, loving, centered and joyful
● Has experience in a Waldorf School, home program, or nursery
● Has training or is in the process of teacher training
This is a part-time hourly position during the school term time only. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We are hoping to fill this position by the middle of August.
BEFORE AND AFTER - SCHOOL ENRICHMENT PROGRAM DIRECTOR
The role of the Before and After-school Enrichment Program Director is to continuously develop and maintain the Beforecare and Aftercare components of OSS’s Enrichment Program. The Director ensures that the program runs in a safe, healthy, rhythmic manner, while incorporating Waldorf philosophy and methods. The Director also ensures the program continues to meet state guidelines as a licensed child care center. The Director works cooperatively with volunteers and when needed an Enrichment Program Assistant to cover all of the administrative, communication, staffing, budget, preparation, child care, and cleaning tasks required by the program. In the first year, the Director will be mentored by a school faculty member and work closely with the schools Program Committee.
Job duties may include:
· Establishing a warm environment that is physically and emotionally comfortable for children of all ages
· Creating a harmonious group environment of respectful interactions among all the children and staff
· Structuring the program within a given budget
· Hiring, training, and supervising Enrichment Program staff, including substitute staff
· Maintaining a timely schedule, unlocking and locking the school promptly each day
· Developing daily, weekly, and monthly schedules of snacks and activities for the program
· Ensuring snacks, crafts, activities, toys and games are aligned with the school’s philosophy, emphasizing natural materials, healthy ingredients, and appropriate child development
· Assisting in the preparation, delivery, and clean-up of snacks and activities
· Providing age-appropriate supervision and childcare for Pre-K through 8th grade students
· Handling student behavior and discipline issues in a caring and respectful way
· Providing first-aid when necessary
· Maintaining regular communication with parents and representing the Enrichment Program to the school community
· Following all school policies and attending faculty/staff events when requested, including weekly mentoring or Program Committee meetings in the first year
This position requires:
· Education and work experiences with both early childhood and grade school aged children
· Understanding of Waldorf education, philosophy, and methods, with Waldorf teacher training preferred
· A mature, nurturing presence and a real appreciation for childhood
· Creativity in a wide-range of areas: singing, dancing, crafting, indoor and outdoor games, sports, etc.
· Strong organizational, planning, and written and verbal communication skills
· Proven ability to create, deepen, and lead a school or community program
· Knowledge and ability to lead a wide-variety of indoor and outdoor activities, in all weather
· Some availability outside of the presented work hours, to meet with faculty/staff, attend school events, or run the program during special hours (i.e., teacher in-service days, parent evenings)
· Commitment to attend training related to Waldorf pedagogy and methods, personal development, or program activities
Hours: The after school program is offered each day the school is in session Monday through Friday from the time of school dismissal at 3:05 pm to 6:00 pm. It is anticipated that an additional 30 minutes before and after the program may be required for set up and clean up. Responsibilities include oversight of before school program which requires occasional (quarterly) visits to the before school program between 7:30 am and 8:30 am. For the 2014-15 school year, this is an hourly position on the professional pay grid.
Please send letter of interest, resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Oakland Steiner School is an independent, non-profit school. The Oakland Steiner School does not discriminate in admissions, hiring, or employment practices on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status or age. Furthermore, parents, students, faculty, staff members and board members are all expected to conduct themselves and discharge their responsibilities in accordance with the school’s non-discrimination policy.
3976 S. Livernois - Rochester Hills, MI 48307 248-299-8755 email@example.com